Monday, January 11, 2021

Alignment

Reading: Job 11-12, Luke 11, and Revelation 7

Scripture: Luke 11:11-12, What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion?

Thoughts: So often when I have heard people talking about this and the surrounding passages it is focused on the great gifts of God and this does speak to that. This morning as I read it my mind went to what are we asking for even though God is giving good gifts, but what are we asking for? God wants to bless us, but what are our motivations in our asking? Are we seeking his will, or our comfort, his directions, or a blessing on ours? How are we positioning ourselves before him who knows us better than we know ourselves?

Prayer: Lord God, you know our hearts, you know our desires. I long to walk in your ways, to let go of my desires and align my ways with your ways. I thank you that you lead and guide me, I thank you that you mold me and refine me. I thank you for those who point me to you and help me seek you more. I thank you for my family. I thank you for your provisions and the guidance in stewardship. I ask that you help me to align my heart to yours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment