Saturday, January 16, 2021

Stomachache

Reading: Job 20-21, Luke 15, and Revelation 10

Scripture: Revelation 10:9, So I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. And he said to me, “Take and eat it; it will make your stomach bitter, but in your mouth it will be sweet as honey.”

Thoughts: When reading this I felt like this applied to today and much of what media and politicians are saying. We are being told of these great ideals the peace and utopian future and the striving to get there. The sweet words and things we want to hear and even the call to fear the world around us can sound sweet but when we get down to the policies and when we have taken it in, it will be bitter in our stomach, it will turn us against one another and divide us more. It seemed like an interesting comparison of revelation and the way the media and politicians appear to be doing things today.

Prayer: Father God, your wisdom is great and your power overwhelms me, your creation cries out your worship and glory. I lay my perceptions at your feet and long to walk in yours. I thank you for the discernment you allow me to look through. I thank you for your Word and the opportunity to hear you though it every day. I thank you for your molding and refining you are working in my life. I thank you for my family and friend. I thank you for the opportunity to steward a portion of what it yours. I ask that you continue to open my eyes to the truth and walk in your ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment