Monday, January 11, 2021

Justifying myself

Reading: Job 9-10, Luke 10, and Revelation 6

Scripture: Luke 10:29, But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”

Thoughts: When I came across this passage this morning, I had the thought how often do I try to justify myself to God? After hearing the commandment of love and being reminded that we are to love those around us, he wanted defined parameters so that he could have permission to not do something or hate a people group. It is easy to look for those justifications, looking at a list of sins, or looking at a difference in beliefs and writing them off. Are we justifying who we speak to, or who we share the gospel with though our own biases or are we going to love our neighbor?

Prayer: Father God, your abundant love pours over this world, I am drenched in your love, your creation cries out your praise. I long to linger in your presence and love as you love. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, I thank you for your molding and refining you are continually doing in me. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you give us the opportunity to steward. I ask that you help me to love as you love, and to not justify myself to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment