Friday, January 8, 2021

Unclean

Reading: Job 5-6 and Luke 8

Scripture: Luke 8:43-44, And there was a woman who had had a discharge of blood for twelve years, and though she had spent all her living on physicians, she could not be healed by anyone. She came up behind him and touched the fringe of his garment, and immediately her discharge of blood ceased.

Thoughts: In those days people with leprosy, discharges, women in mensuration or, anything that caused uncleanliness, were separated from everyone and if they came into a town or place where people were, they were to announce themselves so that people could get away. Her faith was not just believing that just touching Jesus’ robes would heal her but believe so that she went against the laws of the land. She was in the midst of this crowd and in Jewish eyes making everyone she touched unclean then to deliberately touch a teacher making him unclean. Her faith that healed her was not just in Jesus but so much so that she did something that possibly could have gotten her stoned to death for inflicting uncleanliness upon a crowd. Let our faith be so full that we do not worry about the consequences from this world and remember God is the one who provides all we need. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful, you give us all we need, you pour out blessings we do not know or understand. I lay my pride and my comfort before you. I thank you for your molding and refining you are doing in my life. I thank you for being my family together and bring those friends who point me to you. I thank you for your provision and blessings. I thank you for all you are and all you do. I ask that you help me to walk in your strength and to have the faith and boldness to walk the path you have before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment