Tuesday, January 12, 2021

What are you Doing?

Reading: Job 13-14 and Luke 12

Scripture: Luke 12:43-44, Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions.

Thoughts: For the last few weeks stewardship has been on my mind, the idea of taking care of or using properly something that is not yours. When reading this passage, I saw this from a different point of view, normally when I have read this it was to get to the rest of the parable where it talks about how not to act. This passage also is saying that when we do our job that thing that has been placed before us to take care of and use properly, we will be blessed. What do you have and how is it being used? Are we using what we have, to further God’s kingdom or our own? 

Prayer: Father God, you own all things, you created all things, you are in control of all things. I long to relinquish my perception of control to you and walk in your path. I thank you that you have laid a path before us and given us a direction. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us. I thank you that you continually mold and refine me. I thank you for my family I thank you for my brothers and sisters in Christ who help point me to you. I thank you for your provisions that you place in my life to be stewarded. I ask that you help me to grow in your skills to steward better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment