Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Crowns

Reading: Job 1-2, Luke 6, and Revelation 4

Scripture: Revelation 4:10-11, the twenty-four elders fall down before him who is seated on the throne and worship him who lives forever and ever. They cast their crowns before the throne, saying, “Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created.”

Thoughts: John is being shown heaven and the things that must happen and here at the end of this chapter John is shown these twenty-four elders throwing their crowns before God and worshiping. When Jesus taught the disciples to pray in Matthew 6:9-14, after saying how great God is, he said in verse 10 “Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” In this prayer we are taught that we want to want God’s kingdom to be reflected here on earth in us and things to be like they are in heaven. So, are we casting down the crowns that have been placed upon us and worshiping the one true King? We are not meant to be searching for glory the Lord lifts up those he wills and brings down those he wills. Do not seek your glory or your crown seek to glorify God in all you do.

Prayer: Father God you are above all and in all, your glory is shouted by all creation. Lord left your will be done here, help me to work in your plan and shine a light on your in all I do. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, the molding, the refining, and the redirection you place in my life when needed. I thank you for my family, I thank you for the men who help point me to you. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you give us to steward and I ask that you help me to steward well over what you are giving us. Help me to cast down any crowns that I have gathered for myself or ones that have been given to me, these are not my identity, my identity is in you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment