Monday, January 25, 2021

Do not Depart!!!

Reading: Job 37-38, Acts 1, and Revelation 19

Scripture: Acts 1:4-5, And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

Thoughts: I find it interesting that I had just gone through some teaching on this and now we are reading it again, so it is like I am having a repeating in life for a reason. Part of the things going through my head with this is that I remember that about 500 people saw Jesus after the resurrection and were told to wait in Jerusalem for the gift of the father yet when we get to Acts 2 there will be only 120 left in the upper room waiting. There were about 10 days between when Jesus was taken up to when the Holy Spirit filled the 120. Are we staying where or Going to where God told us to God or are we following our own thoughts and desires? 

Prayer: Lord God, you are so wonderful and overwhelm me with your love and joy. You are in control and you work all things together for the good of those whom are yours. I lay my life before you and long to walk in your ways. I thank you for all that you are doing and have done in my life. I thank you for the molding and refining you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family and the joy they being and how they help me to understand you more as a father and the bridegroom. I thank you for the ability to steward some of your great wealth and thank you that your great storerooms are open to us. I ask that you help us to hear your word, your direction that we may go and remain where you have called and placed us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment