Friday, January 22, 2021

How much influence?

Reading: Job 34 and Luke 22

Scripture: Luke 22:25-26, And he said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them, and those in authority over them are called benefactors. But not so with you. Rather, let the greatest among you become as the youngest, and the leader as one who serves.

Thoughts: I know that I can have thoughts of grandeur of being rich and famous and getting to a place of influence and power. We have the power and influence that God wants and needs us to have. As we walk in the calling that God has placed upon us and continue to step out in faith to the next thing that is placed before us, we will be equipped with what we need for that portion of the plan. As a solder your knowledge of the plan increases with your rank and you only increase in rank ask you continue to obey orders and do the things that are told to you. We are called to not be like the world seeking power and influence but to be the servant. 

Prayer: Lord God, you have all authority over heaven and earth, your commands and your plans are above all. I thank you that you have a place for me to serve in your plan. I thank you that you are in control. I thank you for the leadership and lift them before you lead them and guide them. I thank you for my family and friends that bring joy and rebuke. I thank you for your provisions that you allow me to steward. I ask that you remind me of the next step and give me the strength to walk in your plan even when I do not know where I am going. 



No comments:

Post a Comment