Monday, January 18, 2021

Speaking the truth

Reading: Job 27-28, Luke 18, and revelation 13

Scripture: Luke 18:37-38, They told him, “Jesus of Nazareth is passing by.” And he cried out, “Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!”

Thoughts: As I was reading about this blind beggar who is crying out to Jesus, I noticed that what he called out was different than what he was told. Maybe he overheard people talking about his lineage of being the descendant of David but instead of calling him by the name given to him he calls out “Son of David” declaring a portion of prophecy being true in Jesus. Whether he overheard something or Holy Spirit opened his eyes to this before Jesus opened his eyes to the world, I don’t know but are we willing to speak up and speak to truth in love no matter the outcome or are we trying to preserve something we have that could be lost? 

Prayer: Father it is all yours, you are always providing and making sure that what we need it there when we need it. I thank you for all you are doing in my life. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me in all that I do. I thank you for those around me and the guidance they have and the ability to point to you. I ask for your continual refining and molding every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment