Friday, January 29, 2021

God's plan

Reading: Genesis 15-17, Acts 5, and Revelation 22

Scripture: Genesis 17:6, I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make you into nations, and kings shall come from you.

Thoughts: When reading this passage this morning God had me notice how here after Ishmael was born and being told of the promise of Isaac he was also talk that his offspring would be nations and kings. After coming out of Egypt his offspring became a nation and after taking Canaan and generations of having judges listening to God and judging the people they wanted a king. Hundreds of years after the promise of nations as kings because he knew what the people were going to want and become before promising it to Abraham. Let us walk in our plan and your directions. 

Prayer: Father God, you are so wonderful knowing what we need and what we will become before you have promised them to us. I thank you for all you are doing in my life and in this world. I thank you for the family you have given to me not biological and spiritual. I thank you for the refining and molding you are doing in my life leading and guiding me in your plans. I thank you for the opportunity to steward your great wealth. Open our eyes to the greater plans and the greater ways that are your plans and ways. Lead us in your plans and not our own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment