Wednesday, January 27, 2021

How Beautiful!!!

Reading: Job 41-42, Genesis 11, Acts 3, and Revelation 20

Scripture: Acts 3:2, And a man lame from birth was being carried, whom they laid daily at the gate of the temple that is called the Beautiful Gate to ask alms of those entering the temple. 

Thoughts: In my experience most people stick to one or two translations of the Bible most of their lives and fewer spend time looking into definitions of the words in the original texts. Just the other day I had heard something about the Beautiful Gate, after hearing about the meaning of the word that was translated as beautiful I found this: Strong's Definitions: ὡραῖος hōraîos, ho-rah'-yos; from G5610; belonging to the right hour or season (timely), i.e. (by implication) flourishing (beauteous (figuratively)):—beautiful. This gate was not being called “nice to look at” but it was being called “proper timing or the right hour.” When we look at this passage and the miracle that happen, it is in perfect timing that the man was healed even after being laid at that gate daily. God’s timing is almost always different than our own so be patient, God is not done with you and that miracle you are waiting for will make bigger waves in God’s timing. 

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, speaking to us through your word, through the still small voice and the breeze. I thank you for speaking to us this way and even using the 2x4 some times to get our attention. I thank you for the work you are doing in me, the molding and refining of who I am. I thank you for those you have placed in my life to continually point me to you. I thank you for the joy that my family brings. I thank you for the opportunity to steward some of your wealth and the provision and blessings that come from that. I ask that you open our eyes to your timing to that beautiful timing that leads to great blessings to the world around us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment