Sunday, January 3, 2021

I am my own man!!

Reading: Genesis 4-5, Luke 3, and Revelation 2

Scripture: Genesis 4:9, Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know; am I my brother’s keeper?”

Thoughts: As I read this passage my mind went to my community, not the place where I live, but the people I surround myself with, these men are my Brothers, My Foxhole. As much as Cain was playing off that he was his own man and he had no responsibility to watch after his brother, We do have the responsibility for our brothers, be they biological or in faith. Though out the Word we are told of God’s love and that we are called to that same love like in Hebrews 13:1 “Let Brotherly love Continue.” When we are asked where is our brother? Are we going to reply with the I don’t know or are we going to be able to say I’m walking beside him? 

Prayer: Father God you bring us together, you give us those around us to help hold us accountable and continue to point us to you. My life if yours, I lay it at your feet and long to linger in your presences. I thank you for the work you are doing in my life and the molding and refining that you are doing in my heart and life. I thank you for my foxhole men, the brothers you have brought around me. I thank you for my family and the Joy they bring to this world. I thank you for the provisions and blessings and the opportunity to steward the men, family and provisions. Lead me and guide me in that stewardship. 

No comments:

Post a Comment