Saturday, January 23, 2021

What is your crowd?

Reading: Job 35, Psalm 6, Luke 23, and Revelation 17

Scripture: Luke 23:20-22, Pilate addressed them once more, desiring to release Jesus, but they kept shouting, “Crucify, crucify him!” A third time he said to them, “Why? What evil has he done? I have found in him no guilt deserving death. I will therefore punish and release him.”

Thought: As I was reading this again, I thought about the three different groups that were around in this situation. The religious leaders, the government, and Christs followers. The religious leaders had gotten comfortable in the positions of power and influence they had in this world to the point that it blinded them to the truth of you Jesus was, the government was just trying to keep the peace, and the followers of Jesus had theirs eyes opened to who Jesus was but when the government and religious leaders grabbed Jesus most of them scattered. Where are we sitting today? Is there a fear of loss of power and influence? Is there fear of the government? Are we part of the crowd shouting for some sort of crucifixion? Are we making judgments that only God is qualified to make? Seek after God with your entire heart, soul, and mind. Reflect God’s love to the world around you. 

Prayer: Lord, God you are in control, you knew what needed to transpire and how to get it done to give the world the opportunity to be apart of the family through the gift of salvation given through your son’s death and resurrection. I thank you that you are leading and guiding us. I thank you for the gift of salvation and reconciliation that you have given us. I thank you for my family. I thank you for your refining and molding you are continually doing. I thank you for the ability to steward some of your great wealth and the provision it brings. I ask that you help me to see where I am at and if I need to change directions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment