Thursday, January 21, 2021

I'm about to blow

Reading: Job 32-33, Luke 21, and Revelation 16

Scripture: Job 32:17-20, I also will answer with my share; I also will declare my opinion. For I am full of words; the spirit within me constrains me. Behold, my belly is like wine that has no vent; like new wineskins ready to burst. I must speak, that I may find relief; I must open my lips and answer.

Thoughts: As Elihu starts speaking up he starts in on how he was being polite and things by letting them speak first. But as he goes on, we get to where its his turn and he talks about, his share and his opinion. He was getting to a place of explosion because he held himself back. Are we holding ourselves back to be polite and let others go before we let our opinions fly? Are we bubbling up with God’s word and his leading or are we just wanting to out our own opinions that are vaguely related to God? 

Prayer: Father God, you are the one who justifies, and judges. Your word is firm and stands the test of time. I stand on the rock if your word. I thank you for the molding and refining you have done in me and are still doing. I thank you for those around me who continue to point me to you. I thank you my family and the joy they bring. I thank you for the hope you poor out on us every day. I thank you for your provisions and the ability to steward it well. I ask that you help us to speak your words and not spout out own rhetoric and opinions lead us to your truth to share.


No comments:

Post a Comment