Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Just shut it!!

Reading: Job 39-40 and Acts 2

 

Scripture: Job 40:4, Behold, I am of small account; what shall I answer you? I lay my hand on my mouth.

 

Thoughts: Growing up I heard the term man of few words used frequently. When you go back to old movies particularly I feel in old westerns the man of few words was a standard. Between Job’s friends and Job refuting them there was lots of words but here Job is saying ok God I will Shut my mouth. Today we have become a society that seem to value the unending scroll of words coming from us and those we follow. Are we quieting ourselves and listening to God even if he gets snarky with us or are we to busy scrolling to hear God speak?

 

Prayer: Father God, you know all and see all, you are in control of all things and lead me in green pastures, you take care of all needs. I thank you thank you sent your son to live and die a d rise again. I thank you work you are doing in my life and the leading you have for me. I thank you you for all your provision and blessings. I ask that you help me to keep quiet when needed and to disconnect from the world when needed. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment