Sunday, November 1, 2020

Who’s your boss

Reading: Jeremiah 28-29, Psalm 17, and Romans 6

 

Scripture: Romans 6:16, Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?

 

Thoughts: We are all slaves to something, be it sin like lust, food, money or even pride. Paul is talking about whom we are enslaving ourselves to, are we striving to be obedient to God and his call to righteousness or are we enslaving ourselves to distraction through the sins or the world that Jesus died to wash us clean from. By continuing in sin we telling God that what he sent his Son to do is not good enough for us or we do not care. Let us strive to be bond servants to Christ and not a slave to sin. 

 

Prayer: Father your grace abounds each day, your glory shines beyond comprehension. I lay my inadequacy at your feet, I ask that you forgive the places where I have failed the temptations and ask for the strength to overcome them. I thank you for the refinement you are doing in me. I thank you for my family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provision and blessings that you pour out on us. Open my eyes to those things where I am striving after the things of the world and help me to turn to seeking you every day. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment