Thursday, November 19, 2020

Lifted in Humility.

Reading: Ezekiel 29-30, Psalm 147, Ephesians 2, and 1 Thessalonians 3

Scripture: Psalm 147:5-6, Great is our Lord, and abundant in power; his understanding is beyond measure. The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground.

Thoughts: I feel I need this reminder form time to time, partly because when I was young I was held back because of a miscommunication, to later be found that the reasoning was unreliable and that I didn’t belong in those different classes. I have to both struggle with the idea that I am valued and not getting myself puffed up because I know how far I have come and what I have overcome. God’s power is so great, and so beyond my understanding, He lifted me up from being held back and gave me the strength to overcome, but if I allow myself to see myself as more than he has lifted me to then I can be cast back down to learn my humility again. 

Prayer: Father, you are so wonderful, your glory abounds in all creation. I lay my life before you and seek your place for me in your plan. I thank you that you are always there for me and help me through the tough times. I thank you for your refining and molding you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family and the joy they bring. I thank you for your provisions, you take care of all we need. I ask that you continue to help me to remain humble and know who I am and who’s I am and that it is through your strength and power that I do all things. 


No comments:

Post a Comment