Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Ezekiel drops a bomb.

Reading: Ezekiel 12-14 and Romans 16

Scripture: Ezekiel 14:13-14, Son of man, when a land sins against me by acting faithlessly, and I stretch out my hand against it and break its supply of bread and send famine upon it, and cut off from it man and beast, even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver but their own lives by their righteousness, declares the Lord God. 

Thoughts: As Ezekiel is sharing what God is telling him, here he drops the bomb that, as I read it is am saying even though you may be related to or following the teachings of these men, their righteousness will only deliver them from his wrath. I have known many Christians who only see God at someone sitting in heaven just waiting to smite them when they mess us, on the other hand there are those out there who look at God as a vending machine, if I put in enough good deeds and press the right buttons the blessings I’m wanting will pop out. God a loving and just God knows what we deserve the smiting sometimes, but our wages are death. Knowing that we could not live up to the standards needed to get into heaven and be in relationship with him, he sent his Son to pay the price we cannot pay. Just as Israel needed the reminder that they cannot be saved be association neither can we, we must accept the gift that God gave us though his Son’s death and resurrection. 

Prayer: Father God you are the giver of the greatest gift, the gift of life eternal with you, you are the one true king. I lay my life before you, take me and use me as you need, refine me and guide me in your ways. I thank you for the work you have already done and the work you are doing in my now. I thank you for all you are doing in this family. I thank you for my family and friends. I thank you for your leading and guidance. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out every day. I ask that you help us to remember our need for you and not listen to those who tell us there are other ways into heaven and into your presence, lead us and guide us in all we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment