Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Remembering my afflictions and wanderings.

Reading: Lamentation 3 and Philippians 2

Scripture: Lamentations 3:19-23, Remember my affliction and my wanderings, the wormwood and the gall! My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me. But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.

Thoughts: I can relate to this passage in Lamentations, the fact that my mind goes back to my sins and failures. The evil one uses things to bring us back into focusing on our failures even after we have been forgiven and those things have become as far as the east is from the west. Spending time worshiping and diving into God’s Word with help us to remember His steadfast love and how is does not end and he always has new mercies on us. He is faithful to do what He says He will do and overcome what He says He will do.

Prayer: Father God your grace and mercy are food to my soul, your love sustains me. Your loving hands mold me and protect me. I give my life to you. I thank you for all you are doing in my life the refining and the molding, you are removing my impurities. I thankyou for my family I thank you for all you have done for me. I tank you for your provisions and blessings. I ask that you lead and guide me in remaining focused one your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment