Monday, November 16, 2020

Who are you trying to outdo?

Reading: Ezekiel 23-24 and Galatians 5

Scripture: Ezekiel 23:11, Her sister Oholibah saw this, and she became more corrupt than her sister in her lust and in her whoring, which was worse than that of her sister.

Thoughts: As Ezekiel talks about the two sisters who represent Samaria and Jerusalem and how the chase after the things of this would and give themselves over to those things. Not only did they give themselves over to them they longed for the things of their past looking for some sort of fulfilment. Here in verse 11 it talks about Oholibah, who is Jerusalem, watched what happened and did it better, getting worse and going after officers and leaders. I see this as us watching the world chase after the fame, money, and influence then wanting the same things. I know that there are many times where I will watch someone get something new or bigger or better then what I have, and go, “I wish I had that.” That is what the world is teaching us, we are to always need to be outdoing those around us. As Oholibah was out doing her sister in whoring, are we trying to outdo those around us. We need to be content with what we have, not that we have to settle we can strive and seek God’s blessings but if we are never content and a good steward of what we have then how could God trust us with more. 

Prayer: Father you are the provider and creator of all things, you give us all we need and long to bless us. I lay my desires at your feet, help me to seek your plan and not mine that is only focused on me. I thank you for the provisions you give us, you provide all we need and bless us with the ability to bless others as you provide for us. I thank you for family the joys and trials they bring. I thank you for your refinement and guidance you give me. Help me to be content where I need to be content and strive where you want me to strive. Lead me and guide me Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment