Friday, November 27, 2020

Your deeds shall return on your own head.

Reading: Lamentations 4-5, Obadiah 1, and Philippians 3

Scripture: Obadiah 1:15-16, For the day of the Lord is near upon all the nations. As you have done, it shall be done to you; your deeds shall return on your own head. For as you have drunk on my holy mountain, so all the nations shall drink continually; they shall drink and swallow, and shall be as though they had never been.

Thoughts: We are called to be imitators of Christ. The term Christian was first used as a derogatory by the Jewish leaders, it meant little Christs. These disciples we so Christ like they stood out by they actions. When we live with Christ in our mind heart and soul our actions will reflect who we are and who’s we are. When we walk without Christ in our lives and without his forgiveness, we are subject to the judgment. Obadiah was talking about just that, the end is nearer now then when Obadiah wrote this, but it is no less true. Unless we have Christ in our lives, our deeds both the good and bad will come back upon us. No matter how good we are we cannot out weight even one sin with all our good deeds. 

Prayer: Father God you raise nations and you bring nations down, you raise up leaders and topple others. Your greatness abounds over all. I bow down before you and you alone, lead me and guide me along your path. I thank you for all you have done in my life and all you are still doing. I thank you for your refining and your molding. I thank you for family, both blood and adopted. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you have for us every day. I ask that you help me to be the man you have called me to be and focus on being that little Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment