Monday, November 23, 2020

Should I stay or should I go now?

Reading: Jeremiah 42-44 and Ephesians 6

Scripture: Jeremiah 42:10 If you will remain in this land, then I will build you up and not pull you down; I will plant you, and not pluck you up; for I relent of the disaster that I did to you.

Thoughts: How many times have you asked God for a direction and you do not get the answer you thought you wanted? For me plenty, knowing God’s plans are higher and greater than mine it is still hard to walk on a path that is mostly obscured. As I have been getting frustrated with my job and my state, I have been praying and thinking about different work and moving to another state. This morning this passage was speaking to me about not running from what is going on and being content where I am. Let us be content and not continually seeking our own pleasures. Is God calling you to stay or go today?

Prayer: Father you are the great strategist, you know what is in store for me. You lead and guide and we are to listen and follow. You have called us to seek and follow you in all we do. I lay my own desires and seek your will and my place in your plan. I thank you for all your are doing in my life, refine and mold me. I thank you for my family I thank you for all the joy and struggles they bring. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us and have set aside for us. I ask that you help me to be content and listen to your leading and guiding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment