Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Who is your distress call going to?

Reading: Ezekiel 25-26, Psalm 118, Galatians 6, and 1 Thessalonians 1

Scripture: Psalm 118:4-5, Let those who fear the Lord say, “His steadfast love endures forever.” Out of my distress I called on the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free.

Thoughts: How often wo we remind ourselves of God’s love and how it will endure beyond anything we can do. I don’t know how many times in my life where I was in the middle of something and the thoughts of “where are you” or “do you care.” In times of trials and tribulations, and when we feel the most alone he is there with us even when we don’t see it. The poem Footprints is an amazing visualization of this. Are we leaning into God in the trials, in our distress calling on God for he is the one who sets us free? Lean into his love and pour it out on other so others can see His love living and working in us. 

Prayer: Father God, you are love and your glory shines in all your creation. You are in control of all things. I lay my life before you and say “here am I, send me” you have a plan and I ask that I find my place within that plan. I thank you that you are in control and work all things for our good. I thank you for your corrections and refining that you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family and the joy and love they bring into my life. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you give is. I ask that you help me to remember your love always and share it with those around me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment