Sunday, November 15, 2020

Build up you neighbors.

Reading: Ezekiel 9-11 and Romans 15

Scripture: Romans 15:1-2, We who are strong have an obligation to bear with the failings of the weak, and not to please ourselves. Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.

Thoughts: Grief is a funny thing; you will be told of a loss and hours and sometimes day later it will settle in and it will wash over you like a tsunami. Yesterday I was told of the passing of a dear old friend, Bill would talk to anyone about his past and how God got his attention in his early 70’s, my first introduction was to this bubbly old gentleman greeting me as a came into the church, with a Great Big “God Bless you.” Bill was one of those guys that this passage talks about, even starting when he did, he knew God and would bear us up and build us up. We lost a great servant of God. Like Bill we need to remember to bear the failing of the weak and build up our neighbors. 

Prayer: Father you are in control, you know the breaths we will take and hairs on our head. You have called us all to build us those around us and help the weak when we are strong. I thank you for the time I had with Bill in my life, I thank you for the love and encouragement that he brought to this world. I thank you for family and friend that gather around us in times of need. I thank you for your provisions and blessings. I ask that we learn to be more like Bill and love as you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment