Sunday, November 15, 2020

Whose weapons are you using?

Reading: Ezekiel 17-18, Psalm 20, and Galatians 2

Scripture: Psalm 20:7-8, Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright.

Thoughts: When we are at war we have to have the weapons, when the Bible was written the horse and chariot were some of the peak of warfare equipment. Today we have aircraft tanks and thing we probably can’t imagine. The psalmist is reminding us that we need to trust God for our victories, just as happened several times in the word the worshipers went first, not the warriors or the equipment but the worshipers. The most memorable was Jericho and Joshua and Israel walked around the city. Are we trusting in God or in the weapons of our modern warfare?

Prayer: Father you are the one whose weapons we need, you have already one the war and the battle is yours. I lay down my desires and trust in my own weapons before you and see to know you more. I thank you for all you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family those both of blood and of spirit and adoption into your family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you give us every day. Open the eyes of me heart and the ears to my soul to better see and hear you working in my life. Lead me in your ways and help me to rely on your weapons and not my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment