Monday, November 9, 2020

You have a Master!!

Reading: Ezekiel 6-8, Psalm 117, Romans 14, and Colossians 4

Scripture: Colossians 4:1, Masters, treat your bondservants justly and fairly, knowing that you also have a Master in heaven.

Thoughts: Here we do not truly understand what it means to be a slave because slavery has been abolished and illegal since January 31, 1865. Yes, there is still bias and racism here as there is everywhere but most of us are a couple generations removed from the experience of slavery. A bondservant was a slave that chose to stay after repaying a debt because in that day and area most servants sold themselves for a time to pay a debt in the end they could chose to stay and bind themselves to the master. Paul is reminding us that we all have a master, and we need to treat those under us just as fairly and justly as our master treats us. No matter if those under us are just our children or if we have billion-dollar company under us we need to lead and treat them as God treats and leads us. 

Prayer: Father God you are the example we need to fallow, you are to way the truth and the life and we need to seek you and your Son to reflect that light into the world around us. I lay before you my failures, I ask for your forgiveness where I have gone after my own glory at the cost of others and instead of leading them to you I lorded the authority I had been given. I thank you for the authority you have given us, I thank you for the refining and molding you are working in me. I thank you for my family who bring joy into my life, I thank you for friends who help keep me focused. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us. I ask that you help us to treat people as you would have us treat them no matter if they are under our authority or not. Lead us and guide us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment