Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Can I put my two Cents in?

Reading: Jeremiah 34, 37-38 and Romans 9

Scripture: Romans 9:20-21, But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?

Thoughts: In a world of options and creating yourself to be who you want to be, it is difficult to think we were formed, we were set apart, and there is a plan for us. We are not the first to think this way and we will not be the last. Paul was talking about just that even two thousand years ago people were looking at what God was molding them to be and wanted to put their two cents worth in lead God. I have been guilty of that thinking I was gifted in one place to later see my gifts lie elsewhere. Just as we are all part of the body, we are not all the part that gets seen or acknowledged but we all serve a vital function in the body. It is not always obvious but listening to God and those your trust to be honest will help to find that place in the body where you function. 

Prayer: Father you are in control you know the purpose you put into us as you formed us. I lay my pride before you and ask forgiveness for trying to make myself into something you did not intend. I thank you for your refining and guidance in my life. I Thank you for my family who bring joy and love into this home. I thankyou for your provisions and blessings, you give us all we need and take care of us in our times of need. I ask that you help us to pliable and allow you to mold us and make us as you want and help us to let go of our desires and seek you in all we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment