Thursday, November 5, 2020

We may become a POW for a time.

Reading: Jeremiah 39, 50, Romans 10, and Colossians 1

Scripture: Jeremiah 39:18, For I will surely save you, and you shall not fall by the sword, but you shall have your life as a prize of war, because you have put your trust in me, declares the Lord.

Thoughts: We are all at war. War with ourselves, war with the world, and the unseen spiritual war, when we accept what God did for us through His Son on the cross, we volunteer to join God’s army. Jeremiah in this passage was being told to go talk to the leaders who were invading the city and you will be fine, but he would be a prize of war. The evil one can capture us hold us down, but we know who will be victorious and like Jeremiah we have been told “I will surely save you, and you shall not fall by the sword.” We are on the winning side, we have been given the authority and equipped for the situation, but also know we may become a POW for a time.

Prayer: Father God you are in control of all things, you know what is going on and what the outcome will be, help us to walk in your peace that we can show your glory in this dark world. I thank you for all that you do father. I thank you for your guidance and refinement you are working in me. I thank you for my family and the joy they bring to my life. I thank you for your blessings and provisions that you give us. I ask for healing, healing over those sick and healing over those injured, kill the infections and repair the damage. I ask that you give us the strength and fortitude to endure whatever is coming out way in the war we are in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment