Saturday, November 21, 2020

Are you sure you have that on correctly?

Reading: 2 Kings 25, 2 Chronicles 36, Ephesians 4, and 1 Thessalonians 5

Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:8-9, But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thoughts: As I have been looking at Ephesians 6 and the Armor of God for other things this passage stood out to me, talking about some of the pieces. I thought it was interesting that after talking about the things of the night, Paul brings up be sober, having put on these pieces. My mind goes to times in my past where I drank too much, and anyone who has done so knows how much it impairs your abilities to do even the simplest of tasks. In turn trying to put on armor when impaired would probably be a mess and lead us to a point of ether it is not protecting us, or we are misusing it. All sin draws us away from God and the better things he has for us, we are called to the light and belong to the day we need to be seeking after God and putting on the armor and knowing how to use it properly.

Prayer: Father God you are the one who protects us and lead us in this war. We know the end and long to walk in your plans and find our place in it. I lay my wants and desires at your feet and seek your will and your guidance. I thank you for all you have done and all you are doing in my life. I thankyou for family and those who are as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings. I ask that you help me to put on the armor every day and to walk in your ways lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment