Thursday, November 12, 2020

Making the world look more righteous...

Reading: Ezekiel 15-16 and Galatians 1

Scripture: Ezekiel 16:50-51, They were haughty and did an abomination before me. So I removed them, when I saw it. Samaria has not committed half your sins. You have committed more abominations than they, and have made your sisters appear righteous by all the abominations that you have committed.

Thoughts: Ezekiel was writing this to Israel reminding them that God saved them and that over and over they sinned and ran to other gods. They were compared to all these places who were destroyed or despised. As Christians we are called to be righteous because he was righteous, there are those who have become more interested in what the world thinks of them and success then living as God calls us to live. I used to be a Sunday morning Christian, going to service most of the time volunteering sometimes and living in the world all the time. I as one of those people who people used to point out the hypocrisy of the church, I wore the mask of Christian well. Are our actions pointing to God and his redemption of the world or are our actions making the world look more righteous? 

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, your grace and mercy pour from upon high waiting to wash over us. I lay my mistakes at your feet, I open my heart to you and say take all of me, help me to remove the things that need removing and grow those things that need growth. I thank you for the work you are doing in me and the work that is already done. I thank you for my family and the growth and joy that they bring. I thank you for friends who are attentive and point me back to you. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us every day. Lead me and guide me in these uncertain times help me to be a better witness to you father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment