Sunday, November 8, 2020

Not My President!!!

Reading: Ezekiel 2-5, Romans 13, and Colossians 3

Scripture: Romans 13:1, 4-5, Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God… for he is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God’s wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore, one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God’s wrath but also for the sake of conscience.

Thoughts: In a time where half the nation appears to be saying “not my president” no matter who gets in no matter who is in charge of the great nation, no matter who you voted for if you are a citizen the sitting president is your president. We are all under the authority God has granted to that position, God is not Democrat or Republican. God has raised us evil people and evil nations to get his people back in line. There are going to be times where our leaders will weald a sword and times where they will bring peace. So until my government tells me that I have to go against God I will be subject to it. 

Prayer: Father God your ways are higher then my way, your plans are greater than my plans. I thank you that you are in control. I thank you for all you are doing in my life, I thank you for your refining and molding you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family, I thank you for your provisions and that you give us what we need. I ask that you help me to keep an open mind to your work and not assign my own agendas to these times. 


No comments:

Post a Comment