Wednesday, November 18, 2020

What Journey are you on?

Reading: Ezekiel 27-28, Ephesians 1, and 1 Thessalonians 2

Scripture: Ezekiel 27:25-26, The ships of Tarshish traveled for you with your merchandise. So you were filled and heavily laden in the heart of the seas. “Your rowers have brought you out into the high seas. The east wind has wrecked you in the heart of the seas.

Thoughts: After spending the first 24 verses talking about how great the trade was and the merchandise gotten, then it says the east wind wrecked the vessel out in the heart of the sea. When reading this the passage in Matthew 19, saying it is easier for a camel to fit though the eye of a needle and also, the passage of the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil (1 Timothy 6:10). As I was reading this passage, I felt like so many of us spend out time working to buy, sell, trade and upgrade not just our things, but ourselves and our stations in life. I am not saying that bettering ourselves is a bad thing, but when our ambition and our longing for the next bigger and better thing is what is driving us we will fall on our face and our journey to heaven will be a rougher path, full of pitfalls and trials that will come form that love of money and things. 

Prayer: Father you are the great provider, you have made all things and prepare all things that we need. Your glory is shouted by all of creation. I lay all I have at your feet, it is yours and I am but a steward of it. I thank you for the ability to steward what you give me and ask that you continue to work that in me. I thank you for my family and those who are in my life. I ask that you continue to open my eyes to your plan and help me keep my eyes on you and not the shinny things of this world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment