Friday, November 27, 2020

Build a song in my heart that cannot be silenced.

Reading: Daniel 1-2, Psalm 137, and Philippians 4

Scripture: Psalm 137:3-4, For there our captors required of us songs, and our tormentors, mirth, saying, “Sing us one of the songs of Zion!” How shall we sing the Lord’s song in a foreign land?

Thoughts: We are all citizens of heaven and our souls long to join God there, yet we are captives here on earth. For some the nations they live in and belong to here on earth are oppressing them taking away the option to seek and worship the one true God. There are places that were once free and now that freedom is being taken away and are asking just like the Psalmist How are we to sing the Lord’s songs? What ever our situation is, and no mater how much oppression comes, we need to keep those songs in our hearts and worship no matter how it looks. 

Prayer: Father, you are the King above all kings, you are above all things and lead us to your green pastures. I lay my life before you and take up your yolk, lead me and guide me where I should go. I thank you for the molding and refining you are doing in my life. I thank you for those in my life who encourage and exhort me in the calling you have for me. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you give us. Open my eyes to your glory, my ears to your voice, and my heart and mind to your presence, building that song in my heart that cannot be silenced. 

No comments:

Post a Comment