Sunday, November 15, 2020

Faith or Works?

Reading: Ezekiel 19-20 and Galatians 3

Scripture: Galatians 3:5, Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith

Thoughts: In a world where media reigns as the arbiter of truth and science, we are so often told what to do, how to think, and in some cases even what to think. This group of house churches in Galatia they were falling into some of the ideals of the Pharisees where is was following all the laws perfectly was what got your into a right relationship with God. God did not pour out his spirit only upon those Jews who followed the law, because nobody other then Christ had. We thought Christ were given the opportunity to have that spirit poured out on us just as the early church did. Not though our good deeds or our works but though the faith that came from hearing the Word. 

Prayer: Father God you are the one who knows all and leads us in your ways, you have created all things and in all things be your glory. I place my trust in you and seek your truth and not the truth given to us by the media. I thank you that you have given us the ability to discern and seek the truth and not just take the everything in that the world throws at us. I thank you for my family. I thank you for those in my life that will help me to not go too far. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us every day. I ask that you grow my faith, lead me and guide me in you ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment