Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Who is King in our Lives?

Reading: Jeremiah 32-33 and Romans 8

Scripture: Jerimiah 33:20-22, Thus says the Lord: If you can break my covenant with the day and my covenant with the night, so that day and night will not come at their appointed time, then also my covenant with David my servant may be broken, so that he shall not have a son to reign on his throne, and my covenant with the Levitical priests my ministers. As the host of heaven cannot be numbered and the sands of the sea cannot be measured, so I will multiply the offspring of David my servant, and the Levitical priests who minister to me.

Thoughts: After telling Judah over and over again that they are going to go into exile and have all this stuff happen to them, he then brings up that God says (authors paraphrase) “if you can figure out how to break the promises I have with time and space, then I will forget about king David’s family and my Priests.” Are we more focused on who is going to be in charge of our; country, state, county, and city then who is King in our Lives? Are we placing God as our King or are we trying to place ourselves as the king?

Prayer: Father God you are the One True King and you lead and guide us in all your ways. I ask for your forgiveness when I try to do it my way and don’t want to listen to your directions. I thank you for all you are doing in my life the guiding and refining you are leading me though. I thank you for my family and friends that help keep me on your path and call me on my mistakes. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us, you give us all we need and sometime what we want. I thank you for your joy and peace that you give us. I ask that you help us to share that peace to the world help them to see that peace is not just a lack of war but a coming together as one despite our differences. 


No comments:

Post a Comment