Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Take up a yoke.

Reading: Lamentations 1-2, Psalm 79, and Philippians 1

Scripture: Lamentations 1 :14, My transgressions were bound into a yoke; by his hand they were fastened together; they were set upon my neck; he caused my strength to fail; the Lord gave me into the hands of those whom I cannot withstand.

Thoughts: Being a Christian we are covered by the grace and mercy given to us though Jesus’ death and resurrection and he paid for our transgressions. Here in Lamentations they were under the law and the system that called for sacrifices. We are told now under the new promise that are sins are as the east is from the west and will not be remembered. So, I started thinking after reading this passage, we are said to be slaves to sin if we are not repentant and turn from our ways and what would it look like if we could see the yokes we all wear. Jesus said my burden is light and my yoke is easy. Are we walking as if we have His light and easy yoke or are we clinging fast to our heavy awkward yoke that he wants to take for us?

Prayer: Father, your burden is easy even when you take on ours, your grace abounds and your mercy shines. I place my yoke at your feet and walk in your ways. I thank you for all you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family and friends. I thank you for the provisions and blessings you give us. I ask that you help me to see when I pick up my yoke and seek after my glory and not yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment