Saturday, October 31, 2020

Why should this city become a desolation?

Reading: Jeremiah 21, 24, 27, Psalm 33, and Romans 5

Scripture: Jeremiah 27:17, Do not listen to them; serve the king of Babylon and live. Why should this city become a desolation?

Thoughts: This morning reading Jeremiah and how Jeremiah was pointing out the false prophets who were saying it was going to be good and all things are going to come back to them from Babylon. Then this passage stood out to me and the idea that if the poles are correct, close to half America will at the least be disappointed at the results of the election on November 3, 2020. The country is divided, there are churches divided, and even households that are divided. What I hear God saying though Jeremiah is no matter who wins, no matter what policies they put in place God will work it for his good. We are called to pray for our leaders, no matter if they are corrupt or even the antichrist we are called to pray for our country and our leaders. Vote 

Prayer: Father God you are our one true King, no matter who is in the office of the nations we live in you are in control I bow my knee to only you father. I lay my pride and my arrogance at your feet, I seek your forgiveness for those things that fail at. I Thank you for all that you are doing in my life and the refining that you do every day. I thank you Lord for your guidance and 
Leadings in my life. I thank you for my family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings you pour out on us every day. I ask that you open the hearts of all to hear your voice encounter our current and future presidents and all those who are in the governmental system from the top down to the bottom, encounter them show them who you are and bring them all into alignment with you. Father I ask that you help us all accept the outcome and uphold your kingdom above our own wants and desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment