Thursday, October 1, 2020

How childish are we?

Reading: Isaiah 46-47, Psalm 35, Acts 3, and 1 Corinthians 13

Scripture:  1 Corinthians 13:11-12, When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

Thoughts: So many of us men are referred to as bid kids, we like our toys and we can be goofy and silly especially with our kids. We are all at different stages in our walk with Christ and our maturity in that relationship. I have watched people who start strong and within a few years they have been scorched by the world or unfortunately something in the church and ether walk away or start the process of church hopping. Paul is calling us to examine ourselves and ask in our lives have we given up those childish ways and not working on polishing that mirror so that the world can see Christ in us?

Prayer: Father God you Word is nourishment to my soul and your grace abounds on us. Your majesty shines in your creation. I thank you for all you do in our lives I thank you that you have brought my family to me and the men in my life. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out upon us. I ask that you help us to see where we are still childish and help us to grow and be the men and women you call us to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment