Thursday, October 8, 2020

Are we showing honor where honor is due?

 Reading: Isaiah 62-64 and Acts 10

Scripture: Acts 10:23, So he invited them in to be his guests. The next day he rose and went away with them, and some of the brothers from Joppa accompanied him.

Thoughts: As I read this morning and having the reminders that Peter was a guest in Joppa ministering to the people there and after this crazy vision these Gentiles come to the door. At this point Saul had just had his encounter with Jesus and may not have taught any but Jews. After reminding them about what culture and traditions tell them they can and cannot do, such as easting and lodging together. Then Peter invites them in as guests and normally this meant eating and staying. Not only is this showing us that no mater what the background they should have the opportunity to hear the Gospel, but also, we are to treat everyone with dignity and respect. Are we showing the respect and dignity to those different then us, are we showing honor where honor is due? We all have biases and make judgments because of how we were raised or experiences we have had we need to let them go and meet people where they are no matter what the color of their skin or the words they use.  

Prayer: Father you are the creator of all, you have made us all equal and we are the only judge. Your Glory shine on us all and you lead us to green pastures. I thank you that you are in control I thank you that your love in sufficient for me. I thank you for my family, I thank you for the friends that are as family. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that are continually putting me in awe of you. I ask that you help me to pull down any prejudices that I may have and only seek people with your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment