Monday, October 5, 2020

Peace, peace, to the far and to the near

Reading: Isaiah 55-57 and Acts 7

Scripture: Isaiah 57:18-21, I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners, creating the fruit of the lips. Peace, peace, to the far and to the near,” says the Lord, “and I will heal him. But the wicked are like the tossing sea; for it cannot be quiet, and its waters toss up mire and dirt. There is no peace,” says my God, “for the wicked.”

Thought: We have all fallen, we all have failures in our lives both before knowing God and after coming into a relationship with him though this Son. Isaiah is speaking of a healing and comfort and a creating of a fruit in someone life. We are called to peace where we can be healed and comforted by God and Holy Spirit. We are also warned about abiding in wickedness and that there will be no peace and that we will tossed ab out and like a frothy sea, that is churning up all the garbage and dirt around us. The peace of God is not forgetting the past but releasing the holding it against others. 

Prayer: Father you are the one your judges, you are the one who brings peace to the wild sea. You pour your love upon us all. I thank you for all that you are doing in me and the breakthrough you are leading me to. I thank you for my family, and I place them in your hands and thank you for the opportunity to steward them. I thank you that you know the hairs on my head and care for me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you have poured out on us. I ask that you help me to seek your peace and to share it with those around me. Help me to see the faults in my life and the unacceptable behavior in my life that I may work on removing it. I ask that you help me to seek the help I need and the strength to over come the obstacles before me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment