Friday, October 16, 2020

Share what God has done like a child.

Reading: Jeremiah 1-2 and Acts 18

Scripture: Jeremiah 1:7-9, But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord.” Then the Lord put out his hand and touched my mouth. And the Lord said to me, “Behold, I have put my words in your mouth.

Thoughts: I cannot tell you how many times I have said, “I need more training before I get into ministry.” I have said this both before going to school and after. These passages dose not say how old he was but there are those who think late teens but in calling himself a youth it could be been earlier. God tells him that he is going wherever he is sent and tell them what God has for them. Then touching his mouth and saying I have put my words in your mouth. God has given us all Holy Spirit to help us, we all can have God’s words in our mouth and minister to others. We are all called to preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in that is ministry. A young child who has come to understand who God is, can minister to people and sometimes do it much more boldly then we will. Let us let go of our fears and share what God has done like a child. 

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, you give us what we need in the moment so that we can sow your seeds into the lives around us. I thank you for planting a seed in me and bringing people around me to water and prune me that I may bear fruit. I thank you that you are doing a work in me, leading and guiding me. I thank you for the molding you are doing in my life to create the man and father you have called me to be. I ask that you continue to open my eyes to see the things that need to be pruned and the things that need to be at my core. 

No comments:

Post a Comment