Friday, October 9, 2020

A kick in the gut or a kick in the butt?

Reading: Isaiah 65-66, Psalm 124, Acts 11, and 2 Corinthians 3

Scripture: 2 Corinthians 3:5-6, Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Thought: In todays world where we are so often taught that we cannot rely on anyone, that everyone and everything will let us down so we must do it ourselves. Being told that we are not enough on our own and that God is the one who ministers though us can be a kick in the gut or it can be a kick in the butt. When we walk in the sufficiency of God and in his calling he will multiply our effectiveness exponentially just like compounding interest is a helps to grow money faster God’s sufficiency will our faith and effectiveness in ministry. 

Prayer: Father God you are more then enough for me, your sufficiency overflows into this world and onto those that have been adopted into your family. Your grace and mercy pour out on me though your love. I thank you that you know me and that you seek me. I thank you for my family. I thank you for my friends. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that are in my life. I thank you that your are enough and in that enough I ask for more strength, I ask for more guidance, and the help to open my ears to that guidance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment