Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Why cant you take instructions and listen to the warnings?

Reading: Jeremiah 26, 35-35, and Romans 2

Scripture: 
Scripture: Jeremiah 35:13-14, Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: Go and say to the people of Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem, Will you not receive instruction and listen to my words? declares the Lord. The command that Jonadab the son of Rechab gave to his sons, to drink no wine, has been kept, and they drink none to this day, for they have obeyed their father’s command. I have spoken to you persistently, but you have not listened to me. 

Thoughts: Every day I want to do things my way, in my own power be successful. We are called to seek God, in the old testament it was about seeking and keeping the Law that was given to Moses, today it is about a relationship with God. Jeremiah brings us this family who was commanded to sojourn and live in tents without land and not to drink, and pointing out that if they could do this hard thing put our by their forefathers why cant you take instructions and listen to the warnings and exhortation of a prophet of God. God has brought up many men and women who hear his voice and have authority to speak into the lives of others. Are we listening to God or the people who have authority or are we seeking our own drum so we can walk out own beat? 

Prayer: Father you are so wonderful, your peace and joy surround me, and your love pours over me. I lay my pride and arrogance at your feet and ask that you help me to walk in your love. I thank you for your forgiveness, I thank you for your grace and mercy in my life. I thank you for my family and friends that are here to point me back to you. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out upon us every day. I ask that you help me to listen to your voice and to those who you speak though into my life. Help me to walk in your ways and seek your plan and my place in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment