Tuesday, October 27, 2020

And they did evil in the sight of the Lord.

Reading: Jeremiah 23&25 and Romans 1

Scripture: Jeremiah 23:21-22, I did not send the prophets, yet they ran; I did not speak to them, yet they prophesied. But if they had stood in my council, then they would have proclaimed my words to my people, and they would have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their deeds.

Thoughts: Jeremiah was speaking to Israel and Juda because of their continuous running after other gods, when reading though 1&2 Kings and 1&2 Chronicles you get the phrase over and over “and they did evil in the sight of the Lord.” Not only were seeking after other gods these other gods had people saying what blessings would come from them. This passage also speak of today, there are pastors and teachers, teaching on false gospels people who claim to be prophets of God to only sow discourse in the church. Just as in the time of Jeremiah we have people running around and speaking for God who are not sent by God or have been spoken to by God. Let us seek God that he may send us and speak to us.

Prayer: Lord God your are so wonderful, your glory shines upon us, your grace and mercy pours over us. I lay at your feet the failures and sins of my life, take me anger and lust, refine me. I thank you for all you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family and those who are as family, those who help in times of need. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that you pour out on us. I ask for your healing hand on those who need it open the eyes of those who need to know you and help us to bring them in to community with you and your body. I ask that you help me to continue to only speak your words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment