Sunday, October 25, 2020

Burning Bones

Reading: Jerimiah 19-20, Psalm 146, Acts 27, and 2 Corinthians 11

Scripture: Jeremiah 20:9. If I say, “I will not mention him, or speak any more in his name,” there is in my heart as it were a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I am weary with holding it in, and I cannot.

Thoughts: When we answer the door, the Christ is knocking on in our lives, we are given a mission. As our relationship with God deepens and grows, we start feeling or hearing a calling. Jeremiah is telling us for him if he is not doing what he was called to do the fire that God has put in him will burn in his bones and eventually it would come out. We need to find our calling and find that ministry we are to be part of to let that fire out of our bones and be affective in whom we are to reach.  

Prayer: Father God you are the fire in my veins you are the one who calls and knocks on the door to my heart. The beauty of your creation magnifies your glory. I lay my life before you and long to walk in your ways. I thank you for all that you are going in my life and the people you bring into my life, I thank you for that you have them speak into my life. I thank you for my family and the joy they bring to me. I thank you for the provisions and blessings that you pour out on us every day. I ask your healing hand be upon all who are sick or suffering, pour your health and love and joy into their lives in a way that can only be explained by it being from you. I ask that you help me to release the anger and lust in my life. Help me to be the man you call me to be and dive deeper into your arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment