Saturday, October 24, 2020

As we spin on the potters wheel.

Reading: Jerimiah 17-18, Acts 26, and 2 Corinthians 10

Scripture: Jerimiah 18:3-4, So I went down to the potter’s house, and there he was working at his wheel. And the vessel he was making of clay was spoiled in the potter’s hand, and he reworked it into another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to do.

Thoughts: I know that I fail and fall on my face, I cannot remember the number of times I have raised my voice in anger or hit an inanimate object because I was having a difficult time doing something. Yet even though that form may have been a pot that was spoiled, God is still working with me. We never really know what end product of our lives is going to look like, every time something that happens in our lives good or bad God will use that to form who we are as we spin on that potters wheel. Romans 8:28 says, “And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.” In the context of Jerimiah 18:3-4, when we fail or fall spectacularly the way we were being formed may have fallen but adjustment can be made, and we can be reworked into something different. Remember that the potter’s and refiner’s work in our lives will not be done this side of eternity, let them lead you into who you need to be. 

Prayer: Father God, your grace and mercy are so abundant, they cover me and pour over me every day. Your creation shouts of your glory and points you. I lay my anger and outburst at your feet, I want to be the man you need me to be. I thank you for your continual work in my life, leading and guiding but also working all things for your good. I thank you for my family and my friends, I thank you for the provisions and blessings you are working around us. I ask for healing for those sick and hurt. Help us all to give more grace to those around us especially those whom we don’t agree. I ask that you help me to see those things that need removing and help me to get to the root of them to remove and to help your fruit to show in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment