Saturday, October 24, 2020

What curses are in your life?

Reading: Jerimiah 15-16, Psalm 10, Acts 25, and 2 Corinthians 9

Scripture: Jeremiah 16:11-13, then you shall say to them: ‘Because your fathers have forsaken me, declares the Lord, and have gone after other gods and have served and worshiped them, and have forsaken me and have not kept my law, and because you have done worse than your fathers, for behold, every one of you follows his stubborn, evil will, refusing to listen to me. Therefore I will hurl you out of this land into a land that neither you nor your fathers have known, and there you shall serve other gods day and night, for I will show you no favor.’

Thoughts: There are places throughout the word talking about generational curses, and how we are going to suffer the sins of our father. This passage reminds me of issues that I have not released or through Christ broken those curses. Are we letting the evil one keep a hold on us or a foothold where he can pull us back down to keep us from God’s blessings? Let us reflect on where we are in our walk with God and in the refining process, asking God to show us what we need to release, break, and give to God.

Prayer: Father you are in control, you are the great healer, you have known what was going to happen with me from the beginning. I lay my failures at your feet and ask your forgiveness for the places where my thoughts and actions do not align with yours. I thank you for my family, I thank you for my church and the family I have in you. I thank you for your provisions and blessings that are pouring out on us. I ask for healing and recovery for all who are sick, give them and those around them the wisdom on what to do. I ask that you continue to open my eyes to those things in my life that are not of you and need to be refined and burned out of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment