Tuesday, October 6, 2020

I will bow down toward your holy temple in the fear of you.

Reading: Isaiah 58-59, Psalm 5, Acts 8, and 2 Corinthians 1

Scripture: Psalm‬ ‭5:6-7‬, You destroy those who speak lies; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man. But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love, will enter your house. I will bow down toward your holy temple in the fear of you.

Thoughts: David, even when he was just a servant in Saul’s house had to have seen his fair share of death and bloodthirsty and deceitful men, then continuing to become one of the great warriors and eventually becoming King after Saul. Over and over we here we hear David that man after God’s own heart. Here he is talking about how God destroys and abhors these men, but he had done or will do all these things, depending on when in his life he wrote this. Going on to say that through God’s love and mercy he gets to enter the house of God and bow down and worship in reverent fear of God. In todays world even growing up in the church and being told what is right and wrong it is very easy to fall into the lying and being deceitful and fallowing after the worlds views on sexuality. Are we going to walk in a way that God abhors seeking our own pleasure or are we going to seek to enter his House with praise? 

Prayer: Father your mercy is sufficient for me, you know every sin I have and every sin I will have and you still seek me and call me. Your grace continues to pour your love over me and drench me in your peace. I thank you for the work you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family and those who are like family and are sometimes closer than family. I thank you that you seek me and call me. I thank you that you are the great provider and you pour out your provisions and blessings out upon us every day. I ask that you restore to me schedule that seems better suited to ministry. I ask that you place upon the company to provide what they have promised. I ask that you open my eyes and heart to those things in my life that need changing, and lead me to the support needed to work though them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment