Friday, October 2, 2020

What have you seen and heard

 Reading: Isaiah 48-49, Acts 4, and 1 Corinthians 14

 

Scripture: Acts 4:19-20, But Peter and John answered them, “Whether it is right in the sight of God to listen to you rather than to God, you must judge, for we cannot but speak of what we have seen and heard.”

 

Thoughts: So often I have been timid when it come to speaking out, but the moment I start telling my story and my experiences that goes away. We are all called to speak what we have seen and heard. When we experience a move of God or a miracle it is hard to keep it to yourself. The world is searching for ways to try to shut our mouth and point to other things. Just as as Peter and John were arrested and told don’t speak in this name there are many parts of their world who say the same thing and in the name of tolerance and anti offense we are told we can’t talk about God and faith. Right or wrong in the eyes of the powers that be are you speaking what you have seen?

 

Prayer: Father God you are so wonderful, your love abounds and drenched me, you pour out peace and wisdom on your children. I thank you for all you have done and all you are doing in my life. I thank you for my family and friends in you have brought around me. I thank you for the provision and blessings you pour out and the wisdom to use them. I thank you that you are leading and guiding me. Help me to remove the timidity in my life. Help me to see the things that are the root of my issues so that they can be worked through that I can be more affective in your kingdom. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment