Friday, October 30, 2020

What wages are you looking for?

Reading: Jeremiah 48-49 and Romans 4

 

Scripture: Romans 4:4, Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due.

 

Thoughts: Most people today understand the work pay relationship, we do something and want to be compensated for our time and maybe things we have put into. Paul was reminding us that then and even now there are those that look at this sort of relationship as how God works. There are many religious groups out there that have developed this. Much of this came from Pharisees, the lawyers of the Mosaic law, do this and don’t do that. Paul want to remind us that God does not work that way. The wages we deserve is death let us not seek what we deserve but look to honor God with what he give us the ability steward.

 

Prayer: Father God your mercy is so amazing, you offer us blessings though we deserve cursing, you pour out love over us even when we turn our backs on you. Forgive me those times I strive after my own will and not seek you. I thank you for your forgiveness and blessings that you pour out on us. I thank you for my family and friends who are as family. I thank you for your provision and blessings. I ask that you help me to see the places where I still seek my wages and lay down those desires and seek after you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment